Let's Dive-In to Lake Minocqua for an evening showing of The Great Outdoors
Have you ever been to a drive-in movie?! Well, we’ve got something new for you! How about a DIVE-In movie! A 23’ movie screen will be placed on the banks of Lake Minocqua at Torpy Park facing the lake. All float participants will watch this “Up North” classic on commemorative take-home innertubes lit up with neon glowsticks in the warm August waters. Only 400 floats are available so sign up to grab your spot on the lake! If you would rather arrive by boat, you will get a commemorative boat flag - just like an old drive-in movie. Let's Dive-In!
Dryland viewing opportunities will also be available. Bring your own beach or lawn chair, grab some popcorn, and join us for this fun and interactive showing of a true Northwoods classic!
August 13th, 2022
The Great Outdoors
Get Tickets $10 adult $7 children: Choose a float or dryland ticket. Boat Tickets: $20 per boat.
Tickets: $10 adult $7 children. Choose a Float Ticket or Dryland Viewing Ticket.
Float Tickets: Ticket includes a commemorative inner tube and neon glow stick upon check-in.
Dryland Viewing: Ticket includes a complimentary bag of popcorn and a glow stick upon check-in.
Boat Tickets: $20 per boat. Boat ticket includes the guests on your boat and a commemorative boat flag.
- Pre-show Beach Party begins at 5:30 pm.
- Dance & party music from WRJO
- Commemorative apparel & souvenirs for sale
- Food and beverages provided by The Picnic Spot
- Beach & lawn games
- Hollywood movie contest TBD at 6:30 pm. All entries will receive a free souvenir and a chance to win $100 chamber check! Sign up at the registration table when you arrive! [More information to come! Check back soon!]
- Popcorn provided by Let’s Minocqua
The program starts at 7:45 and the movie begins at 8:30 pm. Watch the movie either floating in the lake, on your lawn chair or from your boat. Purchase event tickets for your viewing preference. Print your ticket or show the ticket receipt on your phone at check-in.
- Float Tickets: You will receive a commemorative inner tube and neon glow stick upon check-in. You must stay seated in your tube within the buoyed area & wear your glow stick at all times during the showing.
- Dryland Tickets: Ticket includes a complimentary bag of popcorn and a glow stick upon check-in. Be sure to bring your own lawn chair.
- Boat Tickets: Arrive on your boat to Torpy Park. Have a member of your boat come to the check-in tent and get yourself signed up. You must stay on your boat during the movie, or enter the swim area where we will have lifeguards available. No swimming from your boat. No lily pads.
*Lifeguards and EMT’s are available at all times and in case of emergency.