110 Things to Do in the Minocqua-Area
When visiting the Mincoqua, Arbor Vitae, Woodruff area, you'll never be at a loss for something to do. But, sometimes it's hard to know what's out there. The staff at the Chamber of Commerce have put together this list to help you get going. As you read through the list, you'll notice that many of these activities are entirely free!
1. Take a pontoon ride on a lake and enjoy the wildlife.
2. Play a game of beach volleyball.
3. Rent a jet-ski and tour the area lakes.
4. Tour an Ojibwe Indian Village in Lac du Flambeau.
5. Enjoy a round of golf with your friends.
6. Attend an athletic event.
7. See a performance at the Playhouse or Campanile Center.
8. Get up early and watch the sunrise.
9. Enjoy espresso, a sandwich, or ice-cream at one of our area establishments.
10. Enjoy our town's culinary skills at the Annual Beef-A- Rama celebration during the last weekend of September.
11. Take a walk and breathe the clean, fresh, Northwoods air.
12. Learn about nature from a local naturalist.
13. Attend a special event put on by the Chamber.
14. Visit the gift shops & don't go home without a souvenir.
15. See the World's Largest Penny & discover its history.
16. Plan your next family reunion here.
17. Relax by reading a book down by a lake.
18. See a movie at the local cinema in Woodruff.
19. Go tubing during the winter season at Minocqua Winter Park or YMCA Camp Nawakwa.
20. Explore the area and snap a few pictures for memories.
21. Learn about area history at the Dr. Kate & Minocqua Museums.
22. Collect fallen leaves and do crayon or pencil rubs.
23. Sit on a sidewalk bench and people watch.
24. Try your luck at the local casino.
25. Go out for a Friday night fish fry.
26. Watch a Min-Aqua Bat water ski show in downtown Minocqua.
27. Have an old time Minocqua portrait taken at a local studio.
28. Star-gaze on a clear night.
29. Go water skiing.
30. Play tennis at the high school, Brandy Park, or Torpy Park.
31. Travel on a rustic road.
32. Go fishing off a public pier in the area.
33. Pet a 10-point buck or feed a bear at a wildlife park.
34. Enjoy skateboarding at the "Skate Park" in Woodruff.
35. Take a ride down the waterslide at The Waters of Minocqua.
36. Take in a little history at the Antique Wooden Boat Show.
37. Snowmobile in and around the area.
38. Make a snowman, snow sculpture, or angel in the snow.
39. Go ice skating at Torpy Park, Brandy Park , Minocqua Winter Park or the indoor skating rink.
40. Go biking on an area trail.
41. Go horseback riding and go-carting.
42. Find a secret place in the woods and relax.
43. Make s'mores on an open campfire.
44. Take a hike and listen for wildlife.
45. Look for antler sheds in late winter.
46. Swim at one of the life-guarded beaches (Torpy, Brandy, or Katherine.)
47. Pick raspberries on a hiking trail (Madeline Lake).
48. Stop in the Chamber, pick up a Color Tour map and spend a day enjoying the breathtaking fall colors.
49. Listen to the Lakeland Community Concert Band.
50. Plan a polar bear swim on a cool winter morning.
51. Enjoy Christmas in Minocqua.
52. Visit our local Farmers Market on Fridays May-Sept.
53. Visit Cedar Falls (seasonal) and other falls within an hour drive.
54. Rollerblade, bike or walk the paved trail along the Crystal Lake Trail. (Hwy M area)
55. Enjoy the nightlife in the Lakeland area & listen to the local talent.
56. Pick Strawberries in Lac du Flambeau, Eagle River or Tomahawk.
57. Take your family to a local lumberjack show.
58. Attend an arts and crafts show in the area.
59. Watch for the colorful Northern Lights.
60. Satisfy your sweet tooth with homemade fudge, kringle, or taffy in many of the area establishments.
61. Save dinner rolls and feed them to the ducks.
62. Go out to eat and enjoy Mexican, Italian, Oriental, German, Greek or American cuisine in a supper club, family style, or sports bar setting.
63. Take a tour of a fish hatchery.
64. Take a "scenic plane ride".
65. Attend an area Pow-Wow.
66. Hire a guide and go fishing.
67. Enjoy a hearty breakfast at one of several local restaurants.
68. See many outstanding wood carvings at area shops.
69. Take your sweetie to the romantic covered bridge on Forest Rd. 148 in the Chequamegon National Forest.
70. Rent a snowmobile and cruise the local trails.
71. Spend the afternoon on the 4th of July downtown Minocqua enjoying the sights and sounds of our annual parade.
72. Take a walk with somebody special.
73. Build a snow fort.
74. Go kayaking, tubing or canoeing down a local river.
75. Visit and tour the Three Lakes Winery.
76. Sit on a shoreline of an area lake and enjoy a beautiful sunset.
77. Plant a tree and come back each year to see its growth.
78. Go on a tour of the vitamin factory.
79. Volunteer your services at Northwoods Wildlife Center.
80. Swim to a raft and catch a great tan.
81. Take a ride on a local ATV Trail.
82. Enjoy the many different shopping opportunities that the downtown area has to offer.
83. Visit Cathedral Point at the Trout Lake Narrows in Boulder Junction.
84. Test your aim at one of the area shooting ranges.
85. Tour accommodations for next year's stay.
86. Play a round of miniature golf.
87. Play a round of disc golf at Brandy Lake Park.
88. Experience the serene beauty of our winter by Cross Country Skiing on one of our many local trails.
89. Relax with a good book at the Minocqua Library.
90. Have a snowball fight.
91. Take pictures of the Winter Wonderland.
92. Look for unique rocks at a local beach.
93. Watch a local shop make fudge.
94. Listen to and watch the loons.
95. Build sand castles at Torpy, Brandy or Lake Katherine Parks.
96. Visit a Christmas shop in July.
97. Check out the local landmark buildings in the Lakeland area.
98. Have a water balloon fight on a hot summer day.
99. Browse through an antique shop.
100. Attend your favorite local church service.
101. Enjoy a Wisconsin bratwurst cooked on the grill!
102. Go bowling at one of the local bowling alleys.
103. Visit Dillman's Creative Arts Foundation, Inc. and take an art class.
104. Spend a quiet afternoon in front of the fireplace.
105. Snowshoe an area trail.
106. Bird watch.
107. Visit the North Lakeland Discovery Center in Manitowish Waters.
108. Pull out a deck of cards or board game.
109. Stroll back in time on a historical walking tour of Minocqua. Pick up a booklet at the Chamber office.
110. Pick up some postcards and write to family and friends.