Jobs in the Minocqua Area
Let's Minocqua Current Job Openings
Community Events Coordinator
Position: Community Events Coordinator
Pay Scale: Salaried ($32,000-$45,000)
Status: Full Time – hours scheduled to the requirements of the position as deemed necessary by the executive director.
This is a full-time salaried position dealing with all aspects of the varied events held each year by the organization and three communities in the Northwoods of Wisconsin. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, take-charge professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics in a busy special events environment. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Community Events Coordinator must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision. The ideal candidate should have a love for special event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, be able to build relationships with internal and external customers and work as part of a dedicated team.
As the organizations' Community Events Coordinator, you will manage the Let’s Minocqua event series along with supervising the marketing and communication for community events with the intent to foster relationships in the communities we serve. Your event coordination will bring activities and entertainment for locals and tourists alike with the express interest of driving commerce.
Through successful coordination of events, you will encourage participation and support of Let’s Minocqua while managing a fulfilling and challenging work environment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create program budgets for individual events/activities in coordination with Executive Director
- Work on building relationships and creating sponsorship opportunities
- Create a promotional content and advertising schedule for events/activities in coordination with the Community Manager Included in this: press releases, ad copy materials, posters, banners, digital, social media, etc.
- Establish logistical materials listings for each event/activities and ensure they are available
- Compile area events calendars with the help of organization staff and ensure appropriate media are notified well in advance of scheduled events/activities. Included in this will be any/all Let’s Minocqua events
- Communicate with town boards/park commissions/and police/fire departments in relationship to scheduled events in coordination with Executive Director
- Speak at public functions and events to promote upcoming community and organization events.
- Provide detailed information for the Executive Director to promote to media outlets
- Recruit and coordinate a volunteer base with staff assistance
- Prepare reports after the conclusion of all events to be presented to Executive Director
- Extensive Travel throughout the communities of Minocqua, Woodruff, and Arbor Vitae
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Required work experience in event coordination, public relations, marketing, business administration or related field with at least three years of experience.
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills as well as written communications
- Professional, confident and driven work style
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and excellent time management skills
- Demonstrates the highest level of personal and ethical standards
- A valid state driver’s license, a satisfactory driving record, and reliable transportation
- Ability to professionally handle walk-in’s and telephone calls and support Visitor Center staff
- Maintain relationships with the business community to keep up to date on their suggestions and ideas about events
- Collaborate with your team at Let’s Minocqua to bring your event visions to life
- Physical strength and flexibility. Requirements are (but not limited to) the ability to lift 10-50 lbs. and be on your feet for 8+ hours during major events.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, after hours and weekends as needed.
- Must be friendly and demonstrate a “You Got It” Attitude
- Must demonstrate good decision-making skills & will need to communicate effectively with everyone you come in contact with.
- Extremely organized with outstanding project management skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects/programs simultaneously
- Remains calm under pressure
- Highly creative with strong drive and energy
- And because we expect you to “Act like you own it” your job includes everything listed above PLUS the ever-popular “other duties as assigned”. If you see a need, meet it; if you have an idea, share it; if you see a team member needing help, jump in and lend a hand.
- Travel Reimbursement
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Health, Dental, Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off
Partner Job Opportunities
Employment Opportunities offered by Let's Minocqua Partners. Please contact the business directly for details.
Associated Bank - Minocqua, Teller Supervisor Position
WE'RE LOOKING FOR MORE THAN JUST YOUR AVERAGE TELLER SUPERVISOR IN MINOCQUA!
At Associated Bank, we’re not just another bank. By forging strong connections between colleagues and our community, sharing a clear direction for future success, and providing real opportunities for growth, we’re raising the bar for the financial industry while attracting the best talent. If you’re looking for more than just a paycheck, we’re looking for you.
Strong Connections. Clear Direction. Real Opportunities.
NORTH LAKELAND DISCOVERY CENTER
North Lakeland Discovery Center
Position Title: Building and Grounds Assistant
Reports To: Building and Grounds Coordinator
Application Deadline Date: Position open until filled
Nature of Work: The North Lakeland Discovery Center (NLDC) operates within a team-minded framework and as a mission-based organization, focused on delivering high-quality mission and service opportunities. This position is responsible to assist the Buildings and Grounds Coordinator with the following tasks:
- Assists with maintenance of all buildings, including but not limited to, painting, staining, roof cleaning, plumbing and carpentry.
- Performs maintenance to our 12-mile trail system, including brushing, clearing, boardwalk repair, sign upkeep, and winter ski trail grooming.
- Performs vehicle maintenance, including oil changes and minor repairs.
- Snow and ice removal from walkways and driveways.
- Regular upkeep of gardens, including watering and weeding.
- Regular upkeep of grounds, including mowing, trimming, and spring/fall cleanup.
- Provides support for fundraising events and weddings, including tent set-up, table and chair set-up, power cord placement and management, and clean-up.
- Provides support to program staff with facility set-up, clean-up, and equipment preparation and distribution.
- Performs cleaning of offices, lodge, Discovery Hall, cabins and bathrooms.
- Transporting, launching and trailering the pontoon boat and other boats.
- Other duties as assigned.
Strong work ethic and good communication skills.
- Ability to perform cleaning and maintenance work.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Work indoors and outdoors, sometimes in inclement weather.
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including many weekends.
- Ability to supervise and assist volunteers.
- Flexible and team-oriented individual.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Qualifications: This position requires experience in general maintenance, familiarity in lawn work, carpentry, light mechanical work, and general cleaning.
- Position is year-around, full-time, hourly.
- Benefits include health and dental, 401K plan, paid time off (PTO) and holiday leave.
- Compensation: $15 hour. Annual increases subject to review.
- 90 day probationary period.
- Position open until filled.
To Apply For This Position:
To apply for this position, send a completed North Lakeland Discovery Center Job Application (available on the NLDC’s website, www.discoverycenter.net under the Employment tab), and three recent References to: North Lakeland Discovery Center, Attention Ryan Wahlgren, P.O. Box 237, Manitowish Waters, WI 54545. You may also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the completed Job Application, Resume and References.
The North Lakeland Discovery Center is a premier not-for-profit environmental education center located in Wisconsin’s scenic Northwoods. Our 63-acre site is situated among forestland, wetlands, and wilderness lakes and rivers within the 240,000-acre Northern-Highlands American Legion State Forest. The Discovery Center’s activities and experiences promote stewardship of natural and cultural resources, and connect people to nature through education, recreation and research. Our events, facilities, recreation opportunities and engaging outdoor programs encourage lifelong learning and create a sense of community, well-being and fun!
Hillestad Pharmaceuticals Inc:
Quality Control Technician
Hillestad Pharmaceuticals, a dietary supplement manufacturer, is seeking a Quality Control (QC) Technician. The QC Technician works in the QC laboratory and collects samples of materials used and manufactured at Hillestad Pharmaceuticals, tests them against specifications and documents test results. Position requires strong organizational and communication skills. Applicant should be interested in scientific matters, preferably with lab experience (analytical, especially HPLC and/or microbiological). Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) experience is a plus. This is a full-time position with potential for advancement as we are continuously expanding our in-house testing capabilities.
- Take samples of raw materials and perform test such as FT-IR, wet chemistry ID
- Perform QC tests on finished products (physical tests, titration, HPLC)
- Review and file QC paperwork
- Communicate with other departments regarding QC status of materials
- Prepare and submit samples to 3rd-party laboratories
- Move approved materials into designated areas
- Check production equipment for cleanliness
- Maintain cleanliness of laboratory workspace
- Monitor pest control
- Keep track of stability testing
- File and organize retention samples
- Calibrate some analytical equipment
B.S. in a science-related field preferred (High school diploma required).
Successful applicant. . .
- ideally has experience with HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography)
- should have lab experience (analytical/microbiological).
- should be scientifically interested (math/problem-solving).
- must be able to work with office and lab software.
- must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- must possess strong communication skills (verbal/written) to document test results and exchange QC-related information with supervisors, other departments, and 3rd-party labs.
- is expected to work independently (with moderate supervision) after initial training phase.
Compensation: based on applicant’s experience.
Benefits: Health and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, discounts for Hillestad products.
Contact: email application to: email@example.com or call 715-358-2113 and ask for Marco or Christy
HILLESTAD PHARMACEUTICALS IS LOOKING FOR WORKERS IN OUR PACKAGING DEPARTMENT
We make a variety of Healthy Products in an engaging work environment.
Full or part-time positions now available
Monday-Friday 7:45am to 4:15pm
Full time benefits include:
Health, Dental, Life, Vacation, and Retirement
Apply in person at:
178 Highway 51 North
Woodruff, Wi 54568
You may also contact Annie at 715-358-2113 or Corporate@Hillestadlabs.com
Lakeland Fitness & Golf
Certified Personal Trainer
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Interact with members of the gym and introduce them to our personal training packages
- New member orientations/new client orientations
- Collect payments from your clients and turn them over to our accounting department
- Lead group fitness classes if necessary
- Recruit new members
- Advise clients about important safety concerns and demonstrate exercise or maneuvers as needed
- Give clients ample notice if you need to change appointment times and respond quickly to clients who must change their schedule
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Desire to learn and impact members experience
- Attention to detail
- PC skills
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Telephone experience
- Dynamic personality
- An interest in fitness & health and wellness
- Emergency first-aid training is a plus
To apply for this position please contact and send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
MINOCQUA GOURMET POPCORN
Minocqua Gourmet Popcorn is looking for an energetic, fun, organized, hard working and friendly individual to manage our downtown Minocqua retail store. Individual will be responsible for scheduling, inventory and all store operations. This position will be the "right-hand" to the owners. Individual will be asked to provide feedback to owners on marketing, staffing and other aspects of the company. This will be a full-time, 40 hr per week, 12 month position. This position is primarily a retail position, but will be part of the “Leadership Team" of Minocqua Gourmet Popcorn Company. This position does require most weekends and some early evenings. Minimal vacation time allowed during the core season of June-Aug in addition to late November and December.
Previous management with strong customer service experience is preferred.
Minocqua Gourmet Popcorn Company is committed to providing the highest level of customer service. Individual needs to value GREAT customer service.
Minocqua Gourmet Popcorn Company is also committed to mentoring and assisting in the growth of their staff. Looking for an individual who is looking for more than just a job, but looking for a company to call home.
Position will start immediately for the right individual.
Pay: $18.00 a hour, plus tips and potential company performance bonus
Contact Nancy at (608)469-0556 or email@example.com
MARSHFIELD MEDICAL CENTER MINOCQUA
Join us in providing excellent care for patients and help make accessing that care easier! We are currently looking for Registered Nurses, Medical Assistants, Nursing Assistants, Environmental Service Aides, Food & Nutrition Services Associates, Paramedics, Emergency Medical Technicians and Medical Technologists to join our team.
To learn more and apply visit marshfieldclinic.org/careers or call 715-358-1097.
THE WATERS OF MINOCQUA
Several positions available at The Waters of Minocqua. Please click on the link for job description.
Night Auditor - https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/487066