Minocqua Area and Northern Wisconsin
Welcome to the Minocqua Area - Nature's Original Water Park. We call it that because it's located in the middle of Northern Wisconsin's Lake Country. Here there are thousands of lakes, rivers and streams that literally saturate the geography. And vacationers have long been visiting the Minocqua Area to enjoy all this water by boating, swimming, fishing, snowmobiling and more. There's no admission fees and we're open year round!
There are lots of beautiful views and things to do before the full color arrives; stop by the Chamber and pick up some of our great self-guided tour maps and event calendars.
For more information please feel free to call the Chamber at: 1-800-44-NORTH, visit us on Facebook!
Image taken from Monical's Pizza in Arbor Vitae, overlooking Arrowhead Lake.
US 51, Old Hwy 70 to 3rd Avenue, towns of Minocqua and Woodruff (*updated*)
• Grading work on County J is expected to be completed in early October.
• Crews continued electrical work associated with the new traffic signals at the US 51/County J/Townline Road intersection and plan to continue with that work throughout September and into October.
• Utility (gas, electric, telephone, and cable) relocation work by Wisconsin Public Service, Frontier Communications, and Charter Communications has been completed between Old Hwy 70 and just south of County J. Crews plan to continue utility relocation work in and around Townline Road, County J, and Margaret Street.
• Storm sewer work is complete. Water main work continues and is expected to be completed by the middle of next week. Grading of and the majority of gravel placement on the outside lanes of US 51, north of Townline Road, has been completed.
• The majority of the curb and gutter has been completed. Concrete sidewalk work is expected to start this week.
• Asphalt milling on US 51 is scheduled to take place next week south of WIS 70, and on WIS 70 west of US 51.
• Asphalt paving is scheduled to begin next week on US 51, WIS 70, Townline Road, County J, and Packing Plant Road. Crews anticipate that traffic will be switched to the outside lanes on US 51 the week of October 6 so crews can begin on the inside lanes.
• Motorists on US 51 and on WIS 70 (west), near US 51, can expect to encounter one lane in each direction and flagging operations. Motorists are reminded to use caution when traveling through the work zone and should plan for delays.
• Crews will continue to work on the local and county systems in the Minocqua/Woodruff area throughout September and October.
• Motorists on Townline Road and County J, near US 51, can expect single lane closures and flagging operations to continue throughout September and October.
Next public meeting
• The next construction information meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 2, at the Woodruff Town Hall at 7:30 a.m.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT Region Communications Manager (715) 421-8380